Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Lovely Romance - My Favorite Books



I bet nobody will end up even opening this post because it's titled "Lovely Romance" but oh well! My favorite book series is by Tracey Bateman - The Drama Queen Series. There are just three books and they can be found in Christian book stores or ordered online. Since they are Christian, that means they are totally clean, which is practically impossible to find otherwise. The women in Bateman’s series are all unique individuals and each is vividly described. They each have a distinct personality that shines within the pages of these books and that personality is discovered and appreciated by their love-interests. I want that sort of simple romance where someone discovers my unique personality and falls in love with me for all my strengths, weaknesses, and quirks.  

This is the first book I read from the series...
"You Had Me at Goodbye." Eye-catching title and picture, isn't it? I love that she's a brunette and a waitress and she dresses like me. I definitely recommend reading this when you just want to smile at the sweet stories and all the little drama that goes on. It all works out in the end. You can smile, blush, and *sigh*sigh*sigh* all through the book


P.S. After class discussion today, I have to admit what a stereotypical girl I am for loving romantic books best. haha!

3 comments:

  1. So . . . I'm totally a sucker for romance too. I have no shame in admitting it. HA! Have you heard of Marcia Lynn Mcclure? She's an LDS author that writes both historical and contemporary romance novels. The characters aren't LDS, but the stories are super clean. Beware though, they are EXTREMELY cheesy, but they put a smile on your face. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo! Thanks Shal! I'm gonna look into this Marcia Lynn Mcclure and enjoy the cheese.

      Delete
  2. I love clean romance books! Like you said, it can be really hard to find books that are entertaining AND clean. Luckily, I stumbled across a new website a while back called ldswomensbookreview.com and it's been way easier! This website has some women that post books they've read by LDS authors that are cute and clean. They have recommendation lists, and they also have posts for upcoming books. Check it out!

    ReplyDelete